Thursday, September 12, 2013

European Style.

As I came across Dublin and stayed here for quite sometime, I happen to observe the fashion trends and style of European men. And as days go by, I get to compare it with the trend that I grew with.

A lot of factors influence the style of men. I guess there are three basic things I observed with how these Europeans, particularly the Irish ones, influence their sense of fashion and style.




Weather. Europe has been experiencing 4 seasons in a year. Barely 4 reasons to change their fashion icons. Basics come into top, bottoms, shoes and a jacket. Yes, jackets or sweaters are an additional since even summer weather seems to be chilly which brings it to an essential. Track suits or Jogging pants (more popularly known) is what I observed basics for men here. I think it is basic since it is easy to wear and just good enough to be partnered with a hoodie. Shoes is what I really like among these individuals. They are good mixing and matching up specializing the look that they want. 

Built. Long legged tall men with broad shoulders are what Caucasians are. This is just easier and best styled upon individuals. Even just basics can look elegant with this body built. 

Culture. Among us asians, we tend to judge individuals with how they dress up. This I guess is what Europeans differ. You can dress up as long as you like. You can do and parade the style that you want without the roll of the eyes from people around you. 




A lot of factors really affect how we dress up and splurge the style that we want. Each individual differs and everyday is an ongoing challenge. But in the end it is not how others see what's in us, but how we see and proliferate in the society we deal each day of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment